Double Acting Pin Mill
The Bauermeister counter-rotating pin mill UMP 4.4N Ex has been developed for cocoa pulverizing. Between two pinned discs rotating in opposite directions, the cocoa press cake is disagglomerated and crushed.
- The cocoa press cake is centrally fed between two rotating pinned discs via hollow shafts.
- The cocoa press cake is fed in on the door side and on the housing side.
- By impact and shearing loads the press cake is disagglomerate and crushed between the pins.
- Process air and centrifugal forces convey the product through the rotating pinned discs step by step outwards between the pins.
- The particle size can be influenced by the speed of the rotating pinned discs.
- Opening of the door by linear pulling-out via guide pins
- No disassembly of the motors / v-belts when opening the door, because one motor is mounted on the housing and one motor on the door
- Fast cleaning of the mill interior space thanks to smooth surfaces Ra < 0.8
- Designed as wide chamber housing to minimize accumulations and prevent blocking of the mill in case of high fat contents of 22-24%
- Optimum adjustment of pin rows and speed for gentle grinding of the cocoa press cake at optimum particle fineness
- Additional cooling of process air possible via by-pass