UCOM Compact Grinding System
Bauermeister has developed a compact concept for the grinding of sugar with a reduction in plant footprint, energy consumption and costs compared to conventional grinding systems. The unique Bauermeister Compact Grinding System UCOM operates successfully in a wide range of required particle sizes and throughputs. Other dry (moisture content below 0.1 %), brittle products such as salt can also be processed on the UCOM.
The centerpiece of the UCOM is the Bauermeister Universal Mill. While a conventional UM grinding plant includes a high number of components that serve the safety as well as the product and air flow, the UCOM grinding system requires no auxiliary equipment such as explosion valves, ventilators and external filter systems.
The feed product is transported into the hopper and then dosed via a rotary valve, past a magnetic separator, into the Universal Mill. After grinding, the ground product is discharged via a further rotary valve from the 10 bar pressure-proof hopper below the mill. The design of the discharge hopper allows it to act as a gravity separator, the ground product is discharged while the air flow generated by the mill is recirculated via a pipe back to the mill with only a minimal amount of dust.
The UCOM can be adapted to the material being ground and the desired degree of fineness by choosing the appropriate rotating and stationary grinding elements, as well as the most suitable rotor tip speed.
- Extremely compact design
- Minimal floor space requirement
- Low operating and maintenance costs
- 3 versions (Basic/Eco/Flex) with up to 5 sizes each
- Easily exchangeable grinding elements
- Variable rotor speed up to 120 m/s (for special applications up to 160 m/s)
- High reliability and sturdy mechanical design
- Compact welded construction, designed to prevent product buildup
- Bearing temperatures constantly monitored
- Welded structure explosion pressure shock resistant up to an overpressure of 10 bar
- EU guideline 2014/34/EU – ATEX – compliant
- Dust tight
|Motor Power (kW)
|10 BAR SHOCK RESISTANCE
|VSD DRIVE MOTOR
|VSD FEED VALVE
|PLC CONTROLS WITH HMI