Universal Mill UM
Bauermeister Universal Mills operate successfully in a wide range of applications for grinding soft to medium-hard materials such as sugar, gypsum, limestone, etc. up to a hardness of approx. 4-5 Mohs. Universal Mills are mainly used in the food, chemical and mineral industry for fine grinding of dry materials.
Bauermeister Universal Mills are built in seven sizes as production machines as well as in one laboratory mill size. Universal Mills owe their name to universal range of applications due to the many different grinding elements which can be fitted. Universal Mills can be equipped as a variety of mills – turbo, pinned disc, cross beater and crown ring. The grinding elements can easily be exchanged.
The Universal mills can be adapted to the material being ground and the desired degree of fineness by choosing the appropriate rotating and stationary grinding elements, as well as the most suitable rotor tip speed. Every mill size offers a wide variety of possibilities. The stationary grinding elements (i.e. the sieve rings) can equipped with a ring sieve, with three grinding jaws and three sieve plates, six grinding jaws and six sieve plates or with triangular bars. The standard cylindrical sieve perforation ranges from 0.5 to 30.0 mm, but finely graduated sieve sizes from 0.1 to 2.0 mm are also available.
- Easily exchangeable grinding elements
- Variable rotor speed up to 120 m/s (for special applications up to 160 m/s)
- 7 different sizes
- High reliability and sturdy mechanical design
- Welded structure explosion pressure shock resistant up to an overpressure of 10 bar
- EU guideline 2014/34/EU – ATEX – compliant
- Designed to avoid product collecting or clogging inside and outside the mill
- Bearing temperatures constantly monitored
- No contact between product and lubricant due to design of bearing system
|Universal Mill Series||Capacity Factor||Air Volume (m³/min)||Motor Power (kW)|
- Carbon or Stainless steel design AISI 304 or 316 Ti
- Cryogenic grinding
- Automatic lubrication
- Vibration monitoring
- Air purged seal for overpressure operation